[proFit-list] How can we change the behaviours of x and x0 in power law fitting?

Kurt Sutter kurt at quansoft.com
Tue Feb 28 00:02:09 CST 2012

What my colleague wrote below is correct. You can use x instead of x0, you just have to swap the sign.

Note: In more general cases, there may be situations where a built-in function does not work for you. In that case, just define your own function. In your case, you could e.g. define a function like this

##function PowerLaw

def PowerLaw(x, t, const, m, n):
    return const + m * (t-x)**n

(This is the Python version.) Here, x takes the role of x0 of the built-in function, and t takes the role of x of the built-in function.

Best regards

Kurt Sutter
QuantumSoft