[proFit-list] Problem with data-plot.

Luis Sisamon luis.sisamon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 04:05:54 CDT 2012

Hi there

I have found a very annoying thing going on, I am running Lion and using Pro
Fit 6.2.7. When I try to close a window where I have drawn a contour plot
without saving it first, Pro Fit dies.
I have included a small data file (that is simple a 6x6 matrix with values
in the 1..4 range) and an even simpler code bite to create the plot

SelectCell(fromCol 6, toCol 1, fromRow 1, toRow 6);

PlotData(xAxisColumn 0, yAxisColumn 0, zAxisColumn 0, window
FrontmostWindow(dataType), autoX True, autoY True, xScaling linScaling,
yScaling linScaling, xAxis 1, yAxis 1, newWindow True, newGraph True,
selRowsOnly True, drawErrors False, connected False, plotType matrixPlot,
interpolation False, colorScheme 'blue-red-yellow', zFirst 1, zLast 4, zScl
0, autoZ True, drawColorPlot True, drawContourPlot True);

After creating the plot I just need to close the window without saving and
Pro Fit will crash (all the time). It sometimes crashes when trying to draw
it.
Surprisingly, if I close the window saving it does not crash. Unfortunately
my application disposes of windows without saving. I may be able to fix it
temporarily. Even more surprisingly, it only seems to happen with calls to
data z(tow, col) it works well.with function f(x,y) and with data z(x,y).

Regards

Luis