[proFit-list] How can we change the behaviours of x and x0 in power law fitting?

pro Fit support profit at quansoft.com
Mon Feb 27 07:31:24 CST 2012

x and x0 are mathematically equivalent in the definition of the function, they differ only by their signs.

Therefore, you should just keep using "x" as the default input and use x0 as the fitting parameter.

(but to still answer the question: the "x" parameter in pro Fit functions is wired a little bit differently for reasons of speed, and this is why it can't be made into a fittable parameter when the default input is another one. But this apparent limitation is not important because most functions depend on "(x-x0)")

pro Fit support
profit at quansoft.com