[proFit-list] (no subject)

Geoff Parker gap at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Feb 1 05:13:43 CST 2011

Hi,

I have used proFit for many years and it is great for my purposes.  I
have version 6.1.12.

Can anyone help me here - the solution must be very simple!

I have laboured long trying to find our how, in programming, I set
the limit for finding a maximum.  I am developing a program which
calls up a function 'combat2'.  I have the following:

SelectFunction('combat2');
	Optimize(xValue xMin, precision 0);
	F:=(findMaximum);

This lets me set the minimum for the range to find the maximum as
xMin - but how do I set the maximum?  If I write
Optimize(xValue xMin,xMax, precision 0);
I get an error message asking for "Parameter name expected" for xMax.

Best wishes,

Geoff
--

Geoff Parker FRS
Emeritus Professor			Phone:	home	0151 3364202
Crown Street				email	gap at liv.ac.uk
University of Liverpool
LIVERPOOL L69 7ZB