[proFit-list] Importing numpy

Marco Coïsson m.coisson at inrim.it
Mon Dec 6 14:52:15 CST 2010

Hi Scott, hi Chris,
thank you for you help! Yes, numpy works perfectly in the Terminal. It is version 1.4.0, Python is version 2.6.1.

The code snippet that gives the error is really simple: the error appears with just one line of code:

import numpy

Following Scott's suggestions, I have updated numpy to version 2.0.0, and now everything works well!

Thank you very much for your help!

Best,
Marco

On 6 Dec 2010, at 18:53, Scott Lasley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are you able to import numpy from a python script running in the Terminal?
>
> The bottom of this ticket - http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1221 - says there was an issue with universal builds that caused an 'array too big' error in earlier versions of numpy.  It was fixed in numpy 1.4 and higher.
> I am able to use numpy in proFit scripts using python 2.7.1 from python.org and numpy 1.5.1 from www.scipy.org with Snow Leopard.
>
> hth,
> Scott
>
> On Dec 6, 2010, at 8:08 AM, Marco Coïsson wrote:
>
>> Dear pro Fit users,
>> I'm trying to develop a script in Python, which should run in pro Fit, which requires the arange() function of numpy. However, if I add at the beginning of the script the following statement:
>>
>> import numpy as np
>>
>> or even just:
>>
>> from numpy import arange
>>
>> upon execution I get the following error:
>>
>> array is too big
>>
>> and the above line is selected in the function window. The same (of course) happens if I try to import numpy from the Results window.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>> Thank you and greetings,
>>
>> Marco Coïsson

<><><>--------<><><>--------<><><>--------<><><>--------<><><>