[proFit-list] Importing numpy

Scott Lasley slasley at space.umd.edu
Mon Dec 6 11:53:28 CST 2010

Hi,

Are you able to import numpy from a python script running in the Terminal?

The bottom of this ticket - http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1221 - says there was an issue with universal builds that caused an 'array too big' error in earlier versions of numpy.  It was fixed in numpy 1.4 and higher.
I am able to use numpy in proFit scripts using python 2.7.1 from python.org and numpy 1.5.1 from www.scipy.org with Snow Leopard.

hth,
Scott