[proFit-list] [Ann] pro Fit 6.2.0B1
pro Fit Support
profit at quansoft.com
Wed Apr 21 22:20:12 CDT 2010
Dear pro Fit users
We have just released the first public beta of pro Fit 6.2.0. pro Fit 6.2 comes with a large list of enhancements. Here are some highlights:
* Built-in Python support. Python within pro Fit is a full equivalent of pro Fit's own, built-in Pascal scripting language and can be used for defining pro Fit programs and functions. Python is a mature programming language with a rich feature set well-suited for scientific calculus, and it allows you to tap a vast choice of scientific libraries, such as numpy and scipy.
* Fitting algorithms. The fitting algorithms have been modified for better convergence and more versatility in multidimensional fitting. A "simple curve fit" command provides quick access to pro Fit's fitting algorithms without going through a dialog box first.
* Data processing: New commands for convolution and correlation, revamped sorting capabilities, improved text file import.
* Preview window: Built-in automatic fitting tool.
* Performance: Various parts of pro Fit have been optimized for threaded processing and yield improved performance on multicore CPUs.
* and more.
For more information and for downloading the software, go to our beta site at http://www.quansoft.com/beta.html. Please do send your feedback to profit at quansoft.com.
Note: This beta version is only available to users who have purchased pro Fit 6.1. The final version of pro Fit 6.2 will be free for anyone who purchased pro Fit 6.1 since January 1, 2010. Upgrades will be available for all other current 6.1 users.
More information about the proFit-list