[proFit-list] creating a simple bar/column graph

Shawn Acheson shawn.acheson at duke.edu
Thu Oct 1 14:06:08 CDT 2009

I am new to profit and would appreciate a little help. I have a set of
data that contains 2 independent variables (Sex: male or female; Age:
young or old) and 1 dependent variable (depression score). I'd like to
create a bar graph with four bars representing the sex by age means
(w/ standard error bars): 2 grouped to the left (young and old
females) and 2 grouped to the right (young and old males). Must I
calculate means and standard deviations for each age by sex group or
will ProFit do that for me? Can someone point me toward explicit
instructions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Shawn

Shawn K. Acheson, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
Duke University Medical Center, and
Neurobiology Research Lab
Durham VA Medical Center
919-286-0411, x6093