[proFit-list] transcendental equations and pro fit

Chris Lee laserboy at fusemail.com
Fri Aug 28 06:42:47 CDT 2009

Hi All,

I am having a problem with a pro fit problem. I have a transcendental
equation y := f(x,y) and I have a function that solves the problem by
initializing a value y' putting that into f(x,y'). y and y' are then
compared, I calculate a new value for y' and repeat. In 4 iterations,
y and y' have converged.

The problem is that when I debug this, the first (x=0) value converges
and then pro fit stops the calculation saying it has taken too long...
When I am not debugging, apparently, no calculation takes place at all
because no plot appears in the preview window. I am confused :(

Any one got any ideas on this?

Cheers
Chris