[proFit-list] Plugin Problems

Dirk Fröhling dirk.froehling at t-online.de
Sat Jul 4 07:54:12 CDT 2009

Hello,

I recently upgraded from pro Fit 6.0.6 to 6.1.10. I once wrote a
plugin for the solution of systems of differential equations (ODE
Module, see http://www.dirk-froehling.privat.t-online.de/page2/page2.html)
. It still is a Carbon-based PPC version. Now I wanted to update it to
an Universal plugin (PPC/Intel), using XCode instead of CodeWarrior.

I managed to build the plugin successfully, but when I try it with pro
Fit 6.1.10 on an Intel Mac it does not work. When I use it with 6.0.6
on the same Mac, it does work.

Some observations on 6.1.10:

- My calculation routines report errors. I guess this is due to
conversion problems of values the program gets from dialogs, but I
haven't verified that yet.

- The program produces plots that should be drawn in different drawing
windows, but all the plots are drawn in one single window whose title
isn't set.

- If I stop the program by clicking on the "Stop" button of a dialog I
included for this purpose, it ends with an error message saying "ODE
Module: Bad parameter value for this function." This message is not
from the plugin.

- Like I said, none of these problems occur with pro Fit 6.0.6 and the
very same plugin.

Has somebody experienced similar problems? Could it be a compiler
settings problem? I started using the sample program project from
6.1.10.

Regards,

Dirk

--