[proFit-list] alpha testers wanted

Chris Lee laserboy at fusemail.com
Mon Apr 27 01:17:39 CDT 2009

I am not going to start a language war, but I think there are some
very good reasons for choosing python. It gives you a lot of language
integration for free. You can call C and fortran code with ease and
receive the results as a python type variable. So, depending on what
the final implementation looks like, this will actually do exactly
what you want with a lot less work for the quantumSoft dudes.

Another reason for choosing python might be numpy, scipy and
scientific. These three libraries basically give you an open source
matlab (sans visualization... you need other packages for that). It
handles arrays and complicated operations much more cleanly than
current pro fit coding operations. By integrating python pro fit can
take advantage of all of this without having to reinvent the wheel.

That said, there are good reasons for including other languages as well.

Cheers
Chris