[proFit-list] pro Fit 6.2 feature requests

Davide Guarisco guarisco at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 12 13:32:21 CST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008, at 5:01 AM, Jan Lagerwall wrote:

> Dear pro Fit developers,
>
> a small and easily fixed change for the next version of pro Fit might
> be the following: make the default non-filled plotting symbols truly
> non-filled. When plotting 'crowded' data, the current standard symbols
> block each other out, even if they are unfilled rings, squares etc.,
> since these are actually filled with white color. This is a bit
> annoying. I know that it's easy enough to fix this by selecting
> "other" symbol type in the Graphs Settings dialog and then selecting
> "no fill", but since I cannot think of any case where it would be an
> advantage to have non-filled symbols filled with white, I would
> suggest to make this the standard symbol type. Or are there users who
> find the present type of 'non-filled' symbols useful?
>
> Best regards
> Jan Lagerwall

On the other hand, it is nice that you do not see gridlines etc.
through the data points when the plot is not crowded. I have also run
into cases where I want the data point filling to be transparent, and
that is when I put plots onto slides with a non-white background.

My suggestion is that there is an easily accessible way to choose the
filling patter for data points in the Plot Data and in Graph
Settings>Plots dialog boxes.

Another option would be that the fill pattern of the points is changed
when a graph is selected and the fill patter is changed in the Fill
palette of the graphic window.

      Davide
--
Davide Guarisco