[proFit-list] [Ann] pro Fit 7.0 Beta 1

Davide Guarisco guarisco at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 22 00:04:36 CDT 2014

Congratulations on the new release.

I tried to see whether I can use the anaconda python installation as my Python library: in the preferences>Scripting I clicked on Change… , and provided the path to:
~/anaconda/bin/python2.7

The subsequent dialog box told me:

	Cannot retrieve the version of this library. It may not be a proper Python library. Proceed at your own risk.
	When you click OK, this library will made the default Python library for pro Fit.

So I restarted pro Fit. Upon relaunch I could see that pro Fit reverted to the Apple-installed python 2.6.

No joy. Then I looked into Activity monitor and saw that pro Fit 7 is STILL a 32 bit application.

Is there something that prevents you from moving to a 64 bit app? Since you are re-designing pro Fit to move away from Carbon and use the Cocoa framework, wouldn’t this be the appropriate time to also transition to 64 bit?

Thanks,
	Davide