[proFit-list] problem with Python

pro Fit Support profit at quansoft.com
Tue Feb 11 10:39:27 CST 2014

Yep, Chris Lee may be right.

Try the following: From the terminal, where Pandas works, execute the following Python commands

import sys
sys.executable

This should return the path to Enthought’s Python executable.

Now start pro Fit, choose Preferences under the pro Fit menu and go to the Scripting tab. Click the button “Change…” beside “Path to Python Library” and navigate to Enthought’s Python executable as retrieved above, then click Open. After that, pro Fit should tell you if it is able to work with the selected executable (it must be a 32 bit executable, and it must be Python 2.6 or 2.7. If pro Fit says that it can use that executable, restart pro Fit. Now pro Fit should use Enthought’s Python.

Best regards

Kurt Sutter
QuantumSoft