[proFit-list] Programming Questions

Beveridge, Andrew Cameron acbev at lanl.gov
Fri Nov 2 09:52:44 CDT 2012

I have run into a bit of programming/plotting difficulties and was wondering whether anyone had any suggestions.

Question 1

I am plotting my data using the option colorEncodePoints True, that is, the data points are to be color coded according to their z-value. How do I display the z legend, the one with the color scheme programmatically? (This axis is different from the option for the z-axis in the contour plot.)

Question 2

For my y-axis, I would like to use a "text" column. (The column has a list of file names.) It appears that proFit does not allow the y-axis to be a text column. One way around this problem is to choose the "Row Index" as the y-axis and then replace it with a  Category Axis; this does seem to work. Is there any way to do this programmatically, that is, set a new category axis in a program?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Andrew