[proFit-list] changing x and y axis range with applescript?

Dave glasspusher at outofoptions.net
Mon Dec 6 10:12:28 CST 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to write an applescript that will change the Y1 and Y2 range of a graph.

I see that a graph is represented by the "shape" class, and I figure if I can get the first curve of that, I can get the axis to which it is associated. An "axis" class has properties "first" and "last" which denote the start and end coordinate of that axis, respectively.

However, my plan is hitting a snag. I can't seem to get the first curve of a shape:

	set curveBall to curves 1 of shape "1"

error "pro Fit 6.2.1 got an error: Apple event was not handled. [System error -1708]" number -1728 from curves 1 of shape "1"

I can't even find what error -1728 means. Am I accessing the "curves" property correctly? Is this a reasonable way to get to the axes to change their range?

Any and all help, much appreciated.

Dave