[proFit-list] [Ann] pro Fit 6.2.0B2
pro Fit Support
profit at quansoft.com
Sun Jun 6 08:48:21 CDT 2010
The beta-download-page does presently provide some of the highlights of 6.2. The best summary of the major new features can presently be found in the B2-package, in
Documentation/Release Notes/What's new in 6.2.rtf.
For convenience, I append its contents to the end of this mail.
On 6. Jun 2010, at 15:39, Joseph Walrath wrote:
> Thanks much! I presume the website will describe the advantages of upgrade?
> Joseph Walrath, MD
> Sent from my iPad
> On Jun 6, 2010, at 9:37 AM, pro Fit Support <profit at quansoft.com> wrote:
What's new in pro Fit 6.2?
• Built-in Python support. Python within pro Fit is a full equivalent of pro Fit's own, built-in Pascal scripting language and can be used for defining pro Fit programs and functions. Python is a mature programming language with a rich feature set well-suited for scientific calculus, and it allows you to tap a vast choice of scientific libraries, such as numpy and scipy. For more information, search pro Fit's on-line help for Python, and have a look at "Example Files/Python", and in particular the "Python Read Me" file therein.
• SetCell now works for date and time columns by automatically converting the string to a date or time
• New functions:
GetRandomNumber provides a more flexible tool for generating random numbers having a given distribution.
StudentsTTable and StudentsDistribution for calculating values of Student's t-Table and Student's distribution.
ChooseFile allows to bring up a file selection dialog
There are new commands to prepare a fit object and execute a fit based on such an object, supporting simple as well as multi-dimensional fitting: FitCreate, FitSetArguments, FitSetExperiment, FitExecute, FitDispose.
• Modified functions:
SetLineColor and SetFillColor now allow to specify the transparency (alpha component).
SetCurrentWindow, GetWindowID, GetWindowType and NextWindow now accept the window name or a window object as parameter, in addition to the window ID.
GetWindowObject allows to specify windows by window ID in addition to name and index. SelectDirectory and GetFileDirectory are obsolete. Use ChooseDirectory and GetDocumentDirectory instead.
Various built-in functions that had arguments named 'from' and 'to' have the names of these arguments changed (in most cases to 'first', 'last') in order to avoid incompatibilities with Python. For pascal scripts, the old names are still supported for backwards compatibility.
• Pascal: New and modified functions: Sgn() for real and complex values, 'Sscanf' for interpreting formatted input strings. RegexFind() and RegexReplace() allow to search and process strings using regular expressions.
• Pascal: Multi-dimensional arrays
• Pascal: New type UnicodeString for Pascal scripts. It can be used more or less in the same manner as a normal string, but it has unlimited length and supports unicode characters
• Pascal: Some of the functions that can be called by Pascal-Macros now have named parameters: OpenDataSet, OpenCurve, AddDataPoint, SetLineStyle, SetFillPattern, DrawText (the old-versions of these calls without named parameters are still supported, though, for backwards compatibility).
Working with functions, fitting
• A "Simple Curve Fit" command in the Calc menu provides quick access to pro Fit's fitting algorithms without going through a dialog box first.
• Fitting with multiple experiments supports parameters which are local to each experiment. In other words, if you have several experiments, some of your function's input values can be different for each experiment, while some others are common to all experiments
• Improved the Levenberg-Marquardt fitting algorithm to better handle some situation where its classic implementation failed to converge to the correct minimum
Data processing, data windows
• A new command for sorting data allows to sort using multiple columns at once
• Fourier transforms can now be calculated on real-valued as well as complex-valued time-domain data.
• New commands for calculating convolution and correlation
• Double-clicking the column width separators will adjust the column width automatically
• Improved support for importing text files into data window: pro Fit can now properly handle data fields enclosed in double-quotes. This is particularly useful for importing csv-files from Excel. And pro Fit can now (optionally) parse dates.
• When pasting into a data window, any numeric column that gets non-numeric data pasted into it is automatically converted to a text column.
• Quartiles are supported in statistics
• Improved drag & drop or copy & paste from hid party applications like Numbers into pro Fit data windows
• Errors of plotted data can now be drawn as filled or empty boxes, filled or empty ellipses, or as probability clouds in addition to the conventional cross bars
• Added a command Apply Style to the Plot menu which allows to apply a graph style to one or more graphs in a drawing window, thereby simplifying the creation of a series of graphs with common style settings
• Revamped Preview, Debug, Parameter and Preferences windows, the latter being non-modal now
• Improved performance thanks to improved multithreading support on multicore systems, e.g. when processing a large dataset using the Plot z(x,y) and the Gridding commands using Modified Shepard interpolation
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the proFit-list