[proFit-list] use script to change z-axis properties

pro Fit Support profit at quansoft.com
Sat Nov 28 00:22:33 CST 2009

Yifan

You've got a point here. There is presently no way to create that color bar from a script.

I propose to work around this by preparing an empty graph that has a color bar by hand, and then use that for plotting from a script. For example:

1. Create a graph with all the right settings and with the bar by hand.
2. Remove the plot from the graph so the graph is empty (double-click the graph, go to the tab "Plots" and hit the Delete button)
3. Save the resulting file, e.g. under the name Plot.plot in the documents folder
4. Go to the the Finder, select the file Plot.plot, choose Get Info from the File menu, and check "Stationary Pad"
5. Run the following script within pro Fit:

	OpenFile(file '~/Documents/Plot.plot');
	PlotData(.... newWindow false, newGraph false, ...)

(If you want several graphs in a single window, your script could then select the graph generated in the manner above, copy it, and paste it into the desired window.)

Best regards

Kurt Sutter