[proFit-list] Pro Fit and Applescript

Nic Meyer nicmeyer at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 21 00:43:00 CDT 2009

Good morning,

I found Pro Fit yesterday and am really impressed that this useful tool could be completely controlled via applescript. (which I am already using extensively). I am trialling Profit for scientific data analysis and curve fitting and the program compares well with equivalent packages but with the added bonus of (apparently) being fully scriptable

That said, very few examples exist showing the manner in which one can script ProFit. In particular I am looking to run Levenburg fits and would also like to test the bin data functionality. I would also like to be able to perform calculations on the fit curves which are generated.

I have access to the Pro Fit dictionary via Text Editor but after an hour or so trial an error guessing what information the script required with no success I am hoping to gather the experiences of others.

If any one could send me some example apple scripts or point me in the right direction i would be most appreciative

(on another note, having had a snoop through the post history, I am impressed that Python functionality will be included in the next version. Looking forward to checking this out!)

cheers

Nic

from Oz

in Zurich