[proFit-list] Plugin Problems

Dirk Fröhling dirk.froehling at t-online.de
Thu Jul 9 08:43:50 CDT 2009

Dear Kurt,

I tracked the problem down to a call of "SetFunctionParam".

To use my ODE Module plugin, the user has to provide a function called
"derivs" which calculates the derivatives of dependent variables at a
given time. The function expects the time, the variable values and
delivers the derivatives. Example declaration:

function derivs(t, y1, y2, y3, y4, dydt1, dydt2, dydt3, dydt4:
extended);

 From ODEModule, I call the function like

	SetFunctionParam(DefName, 1, x);
	for (i = 1; i <= N; i++)
		SetFunctionParam(DefName, i+1, y[i]);
	for (i = 1; i <= N; i++)
		SetFunctionParam(DefName, i+N+1, dydx[i]);

	t = CallFunction(DefName, 0);

	for (i = 1; i <= N; i++) {
		dydx[i] = GetFunctionParam(DefName, i+N+1);
	}

DefName is a Str255, i is short, x, y[i] and dydx[i] are double
values. N is four in this example.

Like I said, it works with pro Fit 6.0.6, but with 6.1.10 on Intel, it
doesn't. And I get the "ODE Module: Bad parameter value for this
function." message.

If I comment out the SetFunctionParam() calls, it "works" in a way
that it doesn't behave like I described below, e.g. plot all the
curves in one window without title etc.

Could this be a pro Fit problem with callback functions that use
double/extended values?

Best regards,

Dirk