[proFit-list] alpha testers wanted

s.g. prussin prussin at berkeley.edu
Sun Apr 26 15:54:31 CDT 2009

Thank you for this. Once again, I'd like to ask that you consider the
direct importing of FORTRAN code. For many in the scientific and
engineering community, we still use this language and it must be so
because of the very many legacy codes that are the basis of many
calculations. I know it's a big request but please consider it - sgp

On Apr 26, 2009, at 3:32 AM, pro Fit Support wrote:

> Dear pro Fit users
>
> We at QuantumSoft are presently working hard on the next version of
> pro Fit, which will be version 6.2. The release date of that
> version is still uncertain, but my guess is that it will be
> sometime in late 2009 or in  2010, so don't hold your breath. It
> will provide a number of interesting new features.
>
> One of these new features will be integrated support for the Python
> programming language for defining Programs (Macros) and pro Fit
> functions, as an alternative to pro Fit's own Pascal-like compiler.
>
> We feel that some user feedback would be valuable at this time. We
> therefore have decided to run an "alpha" testing program with
> version 6.2, with emphasis on its Python programming capabilities.
> So, if you have some Python knowledge, or if you are an experienced
> pro Fit user willing to spend some time digging into Python and
> testing pro Fit with it, please send us a note to
>
> profit at quansoft.com,
>
> with a brief description of who you are and why you feel you could
> contribute to the alpha testing. If you are accepted to the alpha
> testing program, we will then send you a pro Fit build to test.
>
> Please do not expect the build that we will send you to be fit for
> normal use. It will be an internal build that has not undergone
> much testing and that will have various parts unfinished or
> disabled. It is for testing only. It will require MacOS 10.5.6 or
> better.
>
> Best regards
>
> Kurt Sutter
> QuantumSoft