[proFit-list] Maxwel-Distribution function

pro Fit Support profit at quansoft.com
Mon Mar 9 22:58:51 CDT 2009

Pasquale

There are various definitions of the Maxwell Distribution function.
If, e.g., we are using this one

(with a = k*T/m)

then a corresponding pro Fit function would look as follows:

function Maxwell(ktm);
begin
	y := sqrt(2/pi) * x * x * exp(-(x * x)/(2 * ktm * ktm)) / (ktm * ktm
* ktm)
end;

(Just paste this into a new function window and hit the "To menu"
button. Then enter a reasonable value for kT/m (called ktm) in the
parameter window.)

Best regards

Kurt Sutter
QuantumSoft