[proFit-list] Fitting Functions and Return Values

Andrew Cameron Beveridge acbev at lanl.gov
Tue Jan 20 11:36:22 CST 2009

I am using proFit 6.1.10 and OS X 10.4.11.

I have a couple of questions:

I am batch processing a large number of files so any speed improvement
would be welcome.

I am fitting my files with a user-defined function that contains Unit Step
functions, ie, Heaviside step functions. I would to to add the procedure
Derivatives to my function. The derivatives of the step function are dirac
delta functions, which is really a distribution.
1.) Any ideas on how to program a dirac delta function in proFit that can
be used with the derivatives procedure?

2.) It appears that functions defined within a program cannot return an
array as a value. Is there any way around this? Can you return a vector
and get individual components out of the vector?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Andrew