[proFit-list] Questions about legends

pro Fit Support profit at quansoft.com
Thu May 8 12:07:04 CDT 2008

On 8. May 2008, at 17:02, Chris Sims wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a couple of questions about the placement and appearance of
> legends.
>
> 1) Is it possible to set the default location of a legend to above a
> graph (rather than to the right)?

Yes. Proceed as follows:

1. Create a graph with all the options you want to be the future
default, including a correctly positioned legend.
2. Double-click the graph. In the "General" tab, click the button
"Organize..."
3. In the "Graph Styles" dialog box that comes up, check "Default",
click Save.
4. Close the "Graph Settings" dialog

Your legend position should now be used as a default for new graphs.
Try it: Quit pro Fit, restart it, create a new graph.

> 2) Is there a way to control the number of columns in a legend?
> Right I can only display legends with 1 column of values.

No, there's no automatic way to do this. (You could, if you don't have
to do it often, of course create a "manually" made legend created from
lines, points and texts. But I agree that this is not a very elegant
solution.)

Best regards

Kurt Sutter
QuantumSoft