[proFit-list] plot with split axis?

Andrew Beveridge acbev at lanl.gov
Fri May 2 15:58:01 CDT 2008

I asked this question a while ago. Your solution is the same as I got
from the support group.

Here is the answer:

You do this by plotting inside two different graphs that you can
position as you wish in the drawing window. Then you can selectively
"switch off" the axes that you do not need. Those two graphs
positioned side by side are like a single graph with a broken axis,
but this method allows more flexibility. For instance, you can have
one graph in lin scale, another in log scale.

It is also easy to draw some "broken axis symbol" at the appropriate
place  between the two graphs.

If you use this often, save the empty graphs as a template.

ivan

At 09:10 AM 5/2/2008, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>I was wondering whether anybody had experience drawing plots with a
>split x- or y-axis in ProFit. Is this supported at all? I am aware that
>you can define multiple x- or y-axes which could probably be used to
>work around the problem. Alternatively, one could obviously draw two
>separate plots and stitch them together manually but I was looking for a
>more convenient way.
>However, what I am looking for is a way to split a single axis and have
>the break indicated in the plot by an actual break in the line. If
>anyone wants to see how such plots could look like, they are supported
>in Origin for example.
>Thanks in advance for any advice and best regards,
>Andi

Andrew C Beveridge
MS M888
Los Alamos National Laboratory